What the Wenches Are Reading




Come through the jump and see what we're reading this week! 





Angela: I haven't had a lot of time for reading lately. Instead for downtime I've been binge watching Morocco: Love in times of war and Cable Girls. Both Spanish dramas with English subtitles and I've loved both, especially as they are great historical dramas. Plus in Morocco: Love in times of war every episode has a fantastic kiss! What more could a romantic enjoy. It's almost as if it's compulsory in Spanish dramas that a kiss has to be included in at least one scene.

Anne: I’ve been in a weird mode.  So, I went back to one of my comfort books, Stars and Stripes by Abigail Roux. In the audio world, I’m still on Five Days at Memorial: Live and Death in a Storm-Ravaged Hospital by Sheri Fink. I’m learning so much and I’m horrified by what these people had to go through. 

Barb: I just finished The Casquette Girls by Alys Arden, and I freaking loved it! I censored myself there because it's YA so no bad words. I didn't even miss the bad words, that's how good this was!!! I'm going to move right on to the second book, Romeo Catchers, and I'll write a full review of both books afterward. But, in the meantime, if you love New Orleans, urban fantasy, and intrigue as much as I do, add this to your TBR. You won't be disappointed. I'm lookin at you, Zee and Anne! 

Kathi: I’d been going through book boyfriend withdrawal syndrome lately because I couldn’t find time to read. This week I poked my nose back into A Court of Wings and Ruin, and that’s all it took! I’ve been spending every night with him, voraciously consuming chapters, slaking my appetite! And getting ready for A Court of Frost and Starlight, which releases today!! (I’ve also been following an alpha male contest where Jericho Barrons and my new BBF are running neck and neck in the voting!!) On TV, I’m absolutely loving Howard’s End on Starz, and I got my Mother hooked on it, too.

Shau: I've finally been able to find some time for reading. The new installment of Patricia Briggs' Alpha and Omega Series, Burn Bright, is my book of choice. So far it's good and sad at the same time.

Zee: We got Alyssa Cole's A Duke by Default on Edelweiss (squeeee!!!) and I am going to be ALL about that and Courtney Milan's After the Wedding in the coming days.

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)