What the Wenches Are Reading




Click through to see what we're reading this week. Hint: there's a lot of Fever in our list. 





Angela: This week I read Crack'd Pot Trail (Bauchelain and Korbal Broach #5) by Steven Erikson. It's my least favourite of the novellas as the main characters were barely in it. 

Anne: I'm still on Faefever this week. Haven't had much reading time with the new baby, plus my husband is the scene designer for one of the high schools near us and their musical opens this week, so he's been gone long hours. I can't wait for High Voltage, though!! 

Barb: I finished Voodoo Season by Jewell Parker Rhodes, just in time for today's release of High Voltage! Voodoo Season was a good read--an interesting story that I couldn't put down, weird in the best way, and set in my favorite city featuring one of said city's most famous residents. I'll probably read more books in this series. I still have A Wrinkle In Time on my currently reading list, although that's being put on the back burner for High Voltage, which I expect to be waiting on my porch when I get home from work! Happy release day Karen Marie Moning! 

Kathi: This week I managed to sit still long enough to finish Wicked Attraction (The Protector #2) and start rereading Feversong. It took me about 2 seconds to become completely immersed in the Fever world again!! Really looking forward to High Voltage next! Also, I actually went to a movie theater to watch Annihilation!! Based on the first book in Jeff VanderMeer’s mind-bending Southern Reach sci-fi series, it was as astounding, brilliantly creative, and baffling as the book, though it told a bit of a different story. It is a visual feast, much as the book is a sensory feast, and I look forward to rewatching it several times to catch so much that I missed and so many multiple meanings. The ending gets compared to 2001: A Space Odyssey, and like that movie, you can ponder for the rest of your life WTF even happens in Annihilation. If you haven’t already read the book, I’d recommend not reading it before you watch, because that will just frustrate you. Read it after you watch. The movie is a good complement to the book; it’s a different story that explores many of the same weighty themes. And if you ever figure out WTF happens in either, please clue me in!  

Merit: I read Sentinel (Covenant, #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout. The series definitely goes in a very different direction than VA. I’m now rereading Feversong by KMM and loving it even more. Mac is amazing and Dani! Wow

Zee: I've been down with the flu and have not been reading. It was a bad one! I'm working on finishing Beyond Ecstasy,which was what I was in the middle off when the flu virus ruined everything.

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)