What the Wenches Are Reading




Click through to see what we're reading this week! 




Angela: I read Trickster’s Point (Cork O’Connor #12) by William Kent Krueger. Once again, it was another excellent book in the series. I did find part of the mystery pretty clear this time, so that did slightly less compelling than previous outings.

Anne: I finished my reread of the Night Huntress series. Though, in all honesty, I skipped the last book, since I didn’t care for the ending. Now, I’m catching up on some fanfiction recommendations. No listening to anything this week, as I’m home on maternity leave.

Barb: I finished Burned, almost suddenly. I didn't realize how deeply I had been consumed by this book I've read twice before, and, suddenly, it was over! I love that a book, a literary world, can consume me so completely. And because of that cliffhanger I immediately picked up Feverborn, so that's what I'm reading now. I'm also knitting a Hufflepuff scarf for Zee while I binge The Great British Baking Show with my darling husband. So, all lovely diversions in my household lately. 

Kathi: This was a stressful and busy week for me. As a remedy, I devoured The Paper Swan in long, deep dives. When I came up for air, I watched my very favorite movie, Last of the Mohicans, every time I stumbled across it on its current frequent HBO rotation. So between those two things, I caught up on ugly crying for the month. To remedy that, I blew through the original season 1 of my Twin Peaks rewatch and really got into Counterpart, which in some ways reminds me of Fringe. Because dark, weird, and twisty balances all that heart rending. (You can tell that I have the TV to myself because my husband is traveling!) 

Zee: I finished Alyssa Cole's A Princess In Theory and LOVED IT. And then continued with Kit Rocha's Beyond series. Finished and enjoyed Beyond Addiction. And today I started Woman in the Window. Which I'm aiming to finish before Feb starts.

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)