What The Wenches Are Reading.

The Wenches have been able to sneak in some reading time between everything else we had to do this Holiday season. We hope you had a lovely Christmas, Saucy readers! Happy Holidays & happy reading from the Wenches! 

Source.


Angela: This week I've been reading The Bonehunters (The Malazan Book of the Fallen #6) by Steven Erikson. It's been grim reading so far. With one particular ambush scene showing you what Erikson is so talented at, writing battle scenes and the consequences that ensue. This series is a must for epic fantasy readers.

Anne: I finally decided on rereading the Night Huntress series. I'm about halfway done with the first book. In audio books, I started the Phantom of the Opera. It's much darker than the musical, so far. Which is not surprising.

Barb: I read a rock star romance that started off with the most delicious train-wreck like drama that I couldn't look away from, then morphed into annoying and toxic with one of the most abrupt and infuriating climaxes I've ever read. I'm looking for light, fluffy, and smutty for my holiday break so I'm trying another rock star romance right now. If it goes well I'll tell you the name next week. Happy holidays, Saucy Readers!

Kathi: I got snowed in for the holidays, so I finally had some reading time! I finished Artemis, and though I didn’t like it nearly as much as The Martian, I enjoyed the story and the way he set up future stories. Now I’ve picked up A Court of Thorns and Roses, after much praise from Wench Merit and most of the Internet, and am really looking forward to getting my socks knocked off!!

Merit: I'm reading Mortal Engines (Mortal Engines Quartet) by Philip Reeve. A steampunk version of the city of London, which became a giant moving machine, like many other cities in an apocalyptic world. London is striving to survive, the world is crumbling. I'm not e en half way through and so far I'm enthralled.

Zee: I've been reading Kit Rocha's Beyond Control (Beyond #2) Lex and Dallas are fascinating characters. But I'm also RIVETED by this unfolding, complicated triangle between Rachel, Cruz, and Ace. The world of these books is gritty, sexy, dirty, messy, and complicated, and I found it all so much more interesting in the second book. I also started Alyssa Cole's A Princess In Theory and you guys, it's exactly what I needed to read right now. 

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)