What the Wenches Are Reading





Click through to see what we're reading this week! 






Angela:  This week I read Silent in the Sanctuary (Lady Julia Grey #2) by Deanna Raybourn, which is our series read in our Goodreads group. I liked the book, but didn’t think it was anything amazing. I found the mystery slow to get started. Luckily the characters were entertaining and that means I’ll continue with the series. Now I’ve moved on to The Warded Man (The Demon Cycle #1) by Peter V. Brett.

Anne: I finished Silence Fallen, the upcoming Mercy Thompson book this week. It was really good! Keep an eye out for a review a little closer to the release date. I’m not sure what I’ll be reading next. In the audiobook world, I have moved on to The Handmaid’s Tale, doing my part to educate myself on the dystopian society we may soon be living in. #resist

Barb: I got sucked into a super filthy Captain Swan fanfic. I'm not even sorry. I'm also reading some Chicagoland Vampires in anticipation of the forthcoming conclusion to the series. I'm not crying, you're crying! 

Donna:  I'm continuing with my reread of George Orwell's 1984. Since it recently shot up the top of the best sellers charts, I don't think I'm the only one.

Kathi: I’m still reading Under a Graveyard Sky (Black Tide Rising #1). It’s zombie apocalypse action without a great deal of character development, but I’ve grown to appreciate certain aspects. And I understand why it was recommended to me in my current mood for dystopian, world-on-fire, post-apocalyptic fantasy that I don’t have to think too hard about. And speaking of zombies, The Walking Dead is back on TV, and I started watching Netflix’s Santa Clarita Diet. What a bizarre contrast to the lovely island where I was vacationing this week! 

Merit: I’m reading Belle Chasse (Sentinels of New Orleans #5). I read books 1 - 4.5 last week and have started writing a review for the series. Here is a possible start to my review: This urban fantasy series is a delicious brew of mystery, magic, action, and captivating characters (preternatural and mundane), and behind it all stands the city of New Orleans with its unique ambient, colors, music, and food.  

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)