What the Wenches Are Reading


The Wenches have been reading all sorts of books this week. If you're looking for something new to add to your TBRs or thinking of old faves to reread, we've got you covered. Thrillers, fantasy, romance, erotica, YA. You name it, and it's probably on our reading lists!

Click through to see what we've been reading. 





Angela: This week I’m reading The Girl in the Spider’s Web by David Lagercrantz. It does feel odd to be reading a book about Lisbeth Salander and Mikael Blomkvist, knowing that Stieg Larsson’s characters are being written by someone else. 

Anne: I sped through The Truth About Julia this week. I really enjoyed it, though it was a little unsettling. Now, I’m back to my Twice Bitten reread. I’ve also been making great progress on An Echo in the Bone. I’m really enjoying the Fraser/MacKenzie family stories. Lord John and William, however, are boring me to death. I’ve been told their stories get better, but good lord, it’s killing me right now.

Barb: I finished Biting Cold and it will come as a surprise to exactly no one that I adored it. I’m looking forward to my next Chi Vamps reread, but have some new books to read before I treat myself to House Rules. At the moment I’m reading Rock Wedding by Nalini Singh, the fourth novel, fifth couple, in her Rock Kiss series. I have to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed this series and am speeding through this book, completely captivated by Sarah and Abe’s dramatic tale.

Care: Continuing on a theme, I slogged through Touch & Geaux, then Ball & Chain, and am now gearing up for Crash & Burn. I'm not ready for the series to be over (again), and I'm not ready for the fallout of everything all over again. And yet. In other news, bedtime story has reached Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, and we're still rolling right along!

Donna: I haven't read anything this week-even though I was in holidays. I just got back from a trip to the bookstore with my daughter. I picked up some great books for the rest of the summer reading. 
I have decided to start with The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North, my daughter's pick.

Kathi: This week I finished Avarice, another romantic thriller by Lisa Clark O’Neill. What a lovely surprise that it was set in a tiny, north Georgia town, nestled in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, that I know very well! It’s also the last book available to read in this series, though more are promised—soon, I hope. In the meantime, she has written another series, so I’ll mosey on over and check it out.  


Merit: I read A Court of Mist and Fury, the 2nd book in A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas. I read the first installment in May 2015, and told you it’s “…a beautiful fantasy tale.” A couple of weeks ago I wrote “The first book was incredible; I hope the second will be at least that good.” My hope was fulfilled completely, an outstanding tale, which exceeded my expectations, it was superb. The first book was a magical fairy tale, this one is an epic fantasy adventure, rich in compelling characters, world building, and a very slow-burning sizzling romance. Sarah J. Maas is a brilliant author!


Zee: I haven't been reading at all this past month. Was helping a dear friend through a very difficult time and had dedicated all my time to that. Now that I have some time to myself, I need something distracting, light, fun, and steamy! Barb recommended Nalini Singh's Rock Kiss series, so I am bumping those to the top of my list!

Comments

  1. Update: I just finished The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August and I LOVED IT!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)