What the Wenches Are Reading




Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light.

~~Vera Nazarian





Angela:  This week I’m reading Scourge of the Betrayer (Bloodsounder’s Arc #1) by Jeff Salyards. I breathed a sigh of relief when I found out this fantasy book was under 300 pages. Seriously not all fantasy books need to be plus 500 pages. I think the author is trying to lull me in though. He did a Q & A in a Grimdark Fantasy book group I belong to and each book is progressively longer.  That being said it’s an engaging tale to date of scribe Arki and his job to chronicle the Syldoon troop he has been employed by. It is Captain Braylar Killcoin who proves to be very intriguing. What is this mystery mission they are on and why does Killcoin only reveal details bit by bit.

Anne:  I finished The Last Star, which I enjoyed very much. I definitely recommend the 5th Wave series if you enjoy YA books. I also started listening to An Echo in the Bone. It feels so good to be back in the Outlander world. I also love that we're now in the same time period as Hamilton. As for actual reading, my reader app on my phone deleted all of my highlights AGAIN. So, I had to go back and start Twice Bitten over again. 

Barb: Tangled by Emma Chase took me longer than I expected it to. I just never really warmed up to Drew, who was the narrator, so it was a lot of stops and starts for me. I did finish it, though, and it was a perfectly pleasant contemporary romance with the twist of a male narrator. I doubt I'll read on. I stopped Tangled once to finish Alisha Rai's latest release, the second in her Fantasy duo, Stay My Fantasy. It's pretty terrific. I may or may not have read the good parts twice. I am currently reading the Bedroom Games serial by Alisha Rai, and holy hell is it hot. I had read the first one a couple of months ago and just picked up the rest of the series. Have we mentioned that Alisha Rai is the Goddess of Smut? We have? Well, it's worth mentioning again. She is second-to-none. Why aren't all of you reading her? 

Donna:  I'm currently reading Tangled by Emma Chase. Wench Barb mentioned it, so I thought I'd give it a try. It's the book version of a rom-com, and is a great summer read.   

Kathi: This week I finished Nemesis and started Obsession, books 4 and 5 in Lisa Clark O’Neill’s Southern Comfort series. I tried to take a break and save the rest for a vacation, but I’ve gotten so cozy with these delightful romantic thrillers that I don’t want to leave. They’re a soothing respite from the current slings and arrows of outrageous fortune zinging all around.    

Merit: Summer is here, and it means a lot of work and less reading time for me. I didn’t read much just went (again) very quickly through A Court of Thorns and Roses and I’m about to start the second book in the series, A Court of Mist and Fury, both by Sara J. Maas. The first book was incredible; I hope the second will be at least that good.        

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)