What the Wenches Are Reading




Wench favorites, one of literature's greatest sleuths, and a couple of new worlds have captured our attention this week. Click through to see what we're reading! 





Amanda: I’m back into the Fever world! I’m about halfway through Feverborn. Mac is still dealing with her stasis, but you can see that there will be future growth into her full potential (maybe once that darn Unseelie she ate again wears off! hahaha!). A scene that I just read that I love is the one with Jada and Dancer. Dancer really has a way of reaching Jada...and one might wonder if it’s through understanding or manipulation. Either way, he does get through the tough exterior of Jada/Dani’s personality. Which is good because somebody needs to!

Angela: This week I've been reading The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie. It's my very first Agatha Christie book and I'm impressed by how timeless the work seems so far. Zee has recommended to me for a couple of years now to give the series a go and I'm glad I've taken the plunge.

Anne: I finally finished A Breath of Snow and Ashes, which I adored! I think it might be my favorite of the series, so far. I started The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey on my commute after I finished Outlander. It's interesting so far. It's about alien invasion. I also started Drink Deep. Merit's pain is so real, it kills me. 

Barb: I was chatting with Anne and Zee about CLV and I got excited about Hard Bitten again, so that's what I've been reading. I love Twice Bitten so much and the events that truly mark the beginning of Methan. Combine that with the heartache that ends HB and I almost forgot how glorious Ethan's wooing and apologizing to Merit is in this book. It is bliss. Bittersweet bliss knowing what's about to happen, but bliss nonetheless. 

Donna: This weekend I started The Nest, as mentioned last week. Family drama, money problems, spiteful exes - seems true to life. lol

Kathi: I’m still rereading Dragonfly in Amber, but I’m down to 150 pages and can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Or the dreadful doom hurtling toward Claire, Jamie, and me like a speeding locomotive. Which might be why I’m not in such a hurry to finish this book. *sigh* I’m loving the new episodes of Outlander, too!

Merit:  I read Maria V. Snyder’s Magic Study, the second book in the Chronicles of Xia trilogy. The truth? I have mixed feelings for this one. Yelena faces new (and old) problems and her magic abilities grow, but there are just a bit too many repeating scenarios, like those kidnapping and torture scenes. Something was off for me in this story, maybe that feeling of danger, of holding my breath for the next move. Still, the story was good enough for me to read it to the end.

Zee: I haven’t touched my kindle this week! But that’s because I’ve been reading books off my shelf. I could not resist rereading some Agathie Christie after Angela started The Murder of Roger Ackroyd! It was her first Christie (Bonus, it was her first Hercule Poirot!) and I was just so excited! Even after 20 years of rereads I still LOVE these books so hard. Sigh. I’m now reading Peril At End House because I’m in a Christie phase.

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)