What The Wenches Are Reading



Happy Release Day, Saucy Readers! Releases from several of our favorite authors hit shelves today, including Dark Debt by Chloe Neill, Dead Heat by Patricia Briggs, and Vision in Silver by Anne Bishop. You'll see those authors on our lists today, as well as some other favorites and new finds! Click through to see what we're reading, and tell us if you're picking up a new release today, too!




Amanda: So, last week, I had finished A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin. Then, I started reading Heart of Obsidian (Psy-Changeling, #12) by Nalini Singh. That's when you find out that you have a serious book hangover. When you just can't forget the last book, no matter what you're reading. HoO is pretty good, actually. It's completely different from ASOIAF. Maybe that's the problem? Ugh!

Angela: I finished Written in My Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon and loved it. It ended perfectly for me and everyone feels like they are where they should be. I've now moved onto Vision in Silver by Anne Bishop, which I am enjoying so far. Plus Who Buries the Dead by C.S. Harris is out next week, and I'm so excited to catch up with Sebastian and his family.

Anne: I'm continuing my Cut and Run reread this week. I am both excited for and dreading the release of the last book.

Barb: I had some technology disasters last week, losing my tablet with all of my e-books on it, so I was lost for a bit. Then I remembered that I had some paper copies of books we had received for review, and picked up Deadly Spells by Jaye Wells. Being distracted by my lack of technology (sad, I know) I didn't get very far, reading a chapter or so a day. It's a great book, which Zee told us about here, I just don't think I'm in a good place for gritty right now. I'm going to keep at this one, but when my repaired tablet gets home I'm probably going to reread Dark Debt (out today!) so that I can be fresh for a spoilery discussion with Zee.

Care:  This week was kind of slow - I've been working hard on several side projects that take up entirely too much of my reading time!  However, I did make my way through both Cut & Run and Sticks & Stones in preparation for the upcoming Cut & Run #9 release!

Kathi: I got sucked completely back into the first book of Colleen Gleason's Gardella Vampire Hunters series while trying to refresh my memory so I could write a review. That led me to Bespelling Jane Austen, a collection of short stories that insert supernatural elements into Jane Austen-esque stories and settings. I read Colleen Gleason’s story Northanger Castle, which takes place maybe 20 years after the end of the GVH series and mentions a few familiar characters. Then I set the rest of the stories aside for later, so I could get back to Vision in Silver before I forgot what I’d already read before I was distracted by review writing. Not sure where I’ll go next…more Colleen Gleason books, the new Megan Hart book, some nonfiction, or return to Westeros…they are all staring at me when I open my e-reader. 
  
Merit: I didn’t have much time to read this week.  After I finished Dark Debt, I stayed, happily, in the Chicagoland Vampires universe, rereading the stories, enjoying immensely, once again, Methan and company, their world and adventures.

Zee: This past week I read Anne Bishop's Vision in Silver (Read my review here) which I really enjoyed reading. I also started Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's Americanah. I've heard great things! I'm tempted to jump back into the Fever or Chicagoland Vampires worlds again too. But they're always there. And there are many new worlds to discover. 

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)