What the Wenches Are Reading

Source




One of our favorite series (Chicagoland Vampires) has a new novella out today, and the next novel in two weeks, so many Wenches are taking advantage of our early copy of those gems this week. In addition, we're keeping on with ASOIAF and Outlander, with Amanda and Angela nearing the end of those long series after what seems like forever! What will they do when they finish?!? Click through to find out what else the Wenches are reading this week, and tell us what you're reading.




 

 
Amanda: I'm still reading A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin. It's getting juicy for some POVs, and boring as hell for others. *coughDaeneryscough*

Angela: Written in My Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon and it's getting so good. I've made it over 50% whew. These books are so massive, but just brilliant. It's just as good as my favourites in the series Drums of Autumn and A Breath of Snow and Ashes. Amanda, I agree on your Daenery's comment completely.

Barb: I've been reading The Ruby Circle, the final installment in Richelle Mead's Bloodlines series. I didn't get sucked into the story, so I shall continue to keep an open mind until the end. This was one of my favorite series of 2014, so I'm very hopeful that we'll get a great conclusion for Sydrian.

Donna: This week I read Chloe Neill's Dark Debt ... and loved it! This is another worthy installment of the Chicagoland Vampires series. I can't believe it's Book #11 already! Merit literally kicks ass ... and it doesn't matter if she's wearing her fighting leathers or a ballgown.

Kathi: This week I’ve been reading the ARCs for Lucky Break and Dark Debt. (This is my first experience with ARCs, and I’m so glad I have been able to read these right after finishing the rest of the books in the series, while all the details are fresh in my mind.) Really great stuff, especially Dark Debt. Chloe Neill knocked that one out of the park!
  
Merit: I finished Margaret Atwood’s Stone Mattress this week. Ingenious, razor sharp stories.  After these tales I needed a change of scenery. I scanned my TBR list and an amusing title caught my eyes: Touched by an Alien (Katherine “Kitt” Katt #1) by Gini Koch. It was far enough from the above book, so I read it. I can say it was an amusing Urban Fantasy escapade, full of action, witty banter, hunky guys and some romance. Fighting monsters with hair spray cans was hilarious.

Shau: I've just finished Dead Heat (Alpha and Omega #4) by Patricia Briggs and turned my attention to Dark Debt by Chloe Neill. So many amazing books...I might pass out... :)

Zee: I haven't had the time to really sit and read, so my pre-sleep reading consists of Amanda Quick. I seem to be addicted to her Regency period mystery romances. I don't know why. But I love them. Great in between other books. I'm itching to start The Ruby Circle, Vision in Silver, and Neil Gaiman's Trigger Warning!

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)