Quote of The Day

"It was a strange feeling--not surprising, I supposed, since everything felt strange now--this being a natural at something.  As a human, I'd never been the best at anything.  I was okay at dealing with Renee, but probably lots of people could have done better; Phil seemed to be holding his own.  I was a good student, but never the top of the class.  Obviously, I could be counted out of anything athletic.  Not artistic or musical, no particular talents to brag of.  Nobody ever gave away a trophy for reading books.  After eighteen years of mediocrity, I was pretty used to being average.  I realized now that I'd long ago given up on any aspirations of shining at anything.  I just did the best with what I had, never quite fitting into my world.  

So this was really different.  I was amazing now--to them and to myself.  It was like I had been born to be a vampire.  The idea made me want to laugh, but it also made me want to sing.  I had found my true place in the world, the place I fit, the place I shined."

--Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)