Quote of The Day

"So, it was a surprise to both Kim and me when I wound up in Group A, with the boyfriended girls.  At first, I tried to hide it.  After I came home from the Yo-Yo Ma concert, I told Kim the vaguest of details.  I didn't mention the kissing.  I rationalized the omission: There was not point in getting all worked up about a kiss.  One kiss does not a relationship make.  I'd kissed boys before, and usually by the next day the kiss had evaporated like a dewdrop in the sun.

 Except I knew that with Adam it was a big deal.  I knew from the way the warmth flooded my whole body that night after he dropped me off at home, kissing me once more at my doorstep.  By the way, I stayed up until dawn hugging my pillow.  By the way I could not eat the next day, could not wipe the smile off my face.  I recognized that the kiss was a door I had walked through.  And I knew that I'd left Kim on the other side." 

----If I Stay by Gayle Forman

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)