What the Wenches Are Reading

Source


Some upcoming releases have the Wenches all atwitter! Today is the release of Sixth Grave on the Edge by Wench favorite Darynda Jones, so look for a review soon! And that's just the beginning of a summer (for Northern Hemisphere Wenches) filled with wonderful new books. Next up is the long awaited MOBY, Outlander #8, and several Wenches are preparing for that.

Click through to see what else has captured our attention this week, and share what you're reading in the comments below!



Angela:  Finished Shadow Kissed (Vampire Academy #3) by Richelle Mead. I enjoyed it, even if Rose continues to irritate me and it had a very nice twist in it. Well played Mead. Next up I'm delving into 11/22/63 by Stephen King as a buddy read. I haven't read any of his books so it should be interesting.

Anne: My in laws are in town to see the baby. So I didn't get much reading done this week.

Barb: I finally got caught up in something, although it was the last thing that I fell head-over-heels in love with. I finished reading Bloodlines and moved on to The Golden Lily. The foreshadowing is absolutely delicious, and I see so many little things that didn't mean much the first time around, filled with meaning as I know where they will lead. Sydney's attempt at dating Brandon Brody Brady Brayden is cracking me up, because of her adorable cluelessness. I really love this series. Is it July yet, and time for Silver Shadows?

Care: This week I plowed through Long Time Gone, Dirty Deeds, AND Daylight Again all by S.E. Jakes.  Holy cow.  I'm stuck.  I need to keep reading.  I'm on the cusp between being hooked and irrevocably sunk, and I'm not sure which way it's going to go.  But, since it's going to be a while before If I Ever comes out... I'll have to see if I can't find something else to read to keep me busy.
Donna: I've been rereading some favorite passages from the Outlander series. It won't be long now until Written In My Own Heart's Blood is released! Huzzah!

Kathi: I read the second half of An Echo in the Bone (Outlander #7) this week. I can’t believe I’m almost done with my reread and I’m amazed that it’s blown by so quickly. It’s going to be a verra long three weeks waiting for Written in my Own Heart's Blood to release. But I get such a kick out of the way Diana Gabaldon left the sh*t hitting the fan in every storyline at the end of Echo. Even after all these books, she keeps us guessing what in the world is going to happen next.

Merit: At last I started rereading the Outlander series. I am skimming through the books.  I read the first three books so far. I enjoy them all over again. It is not surprising of course that the second time provides new revelations. Some sentences that looked innocent to me the first time have a different meaning now. DG planted them like little gemstones here and there. I certainly needed this second time reading.

Zee: I LOVED Indigo Spell... so much. Adrian is wonderful! And Sydney is one of a kind! I love that. She is absolutely unique, with her prejudices and issues (which she will overcome.. slowly but surely) and they are so different, but so very amazing together. I am loving this series a whole lot more than I thought I would. Suffering through Vampire Academy was totally worth it. Onto The Fiery Heart! 

Comments

  1. Outlander rereaders: have you read the Lord John Grey books? They're a nice little addition to the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read all but the Plague of Zombies, and I plan to read that when I'm done with Echo. I forced myself to read the LJG books after my Voyager reread, before DoA, so they would be in sequence, but I didn't have Zombies yet. (I say forced only because I was dying to get back to Outlander.) I liked The Scottish Prisoner best, but I am looking forward to the zombies! These books do fill in some details and add to the overall story, but I confess that I enjoy them best when they include some Jamie. (They're all kind of sad, too, since they take place while Claire is gone. It hurts to see Jamie so sad.)

      Delete
  2. I read a few books from the Lord John series. They are really good, the last one I read was Lord John and the plague of zombies, it is also the one I love most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merit that one sounds interesting. I've been leaving Lord John until I'm up to date with the Outlander books.

      Delete

Post a Comment

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)