Quote of the Day

Vlad gave me an assessing, unmerciful rake of the eyes as he listened to my internal struggle.

"So then, what are you?"

Since I was sixteen and my mother told me about my father, I'd wrestled with that same question. The sound of my heartbeat seemed to mock me. Each breath I took was a taunt.

. . .

But I wasn't human. I hadn't been since the day I was born, and I couldn't let myself pretend to be human now.

"Well?" Vlad asked with more emphasis.

I gave one last regretful glance at the ravine's rocky bottom before meeting Vlad's eyes.

"I am a vampire," I said, and backed away from the ledge.

~ Jeaniene Frost, At Grave's End


Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)